Get rid of long commutes, work from wherever you want to and wear whatever you feel like! And this is the exact reason people are now preferring to work remotely. Taking into consideration, the increase in employee productivity, reduction of costs, and access to a global workforce, even companies are now starting to hire remotely. In this blog, we present to you a list of 100% remote companies that allow you to work from anywhere. More and more companies embrace remote working and many of them strive to make it a success by building a healthy culture around it. With employee monitoring, you’ll be able to gain an understanding of the mood and productivity levels within your company remotely. Monitoring this data will allow for better decision making when it comes down between on-site or remote workforces. But don’t forget about data protection when working remotely. Using the best VPN from cooltechzone can do it most efficiently.
But before heading on to the list of fully remote companies, let’s take a look at few amazing remote work statistics.
Here are a few remote work statistics:
- The number of people who work from home has increased by 140% since 2005. (Global Workplace Analytics)
With the advancement in technology and ease of collaboration and communication, employees as well as employers prefer to connect remotely.
- Small companies are twice as likely to hire full-time remote workers. (Owl Labs)
This is because small businesses can cut costs on office space, buying equipment, electricity bills etc by hiring remote workers.
- Telecommuting has grown 115% in the past decade. (State of Telecommuting)
Telecommuting has grown 10times faster than other fields of work. And this can be attributed to the rising work-from-home trends
- 16% of companies exclusively hire remote workers. (Owl Labs)
This shows that 16% of these companies are 100% remote companies and with the above trends it might not be wrong to predict that these numbers will increase in the future.
- 75% of people who work remotely do so because there are fewer distractions. (FlexJobs)
And this is one of the major reasons why employers are now preferring remote work. Because few distractions mean higher productivity and ultimately higher revenue for the companies.
Now as you can see that the trends are going towards a remote working environment, let’s see the fully remote companies that allow you to work from anywhere!
15 Fully Remote Companies That Let You Work From Anywhere
- Articulate Inc.
TeamWave is an all-in-one, small business productivity platform. It allows small businesses to manage their sales, projects, team, clients & marketing – on a single platform. Few of the amazing features of TeamWave are, it allows customization of the CRM, track time, work anywhere, anytime with its mobile app, has extensive reporting capabilities and much more.
TeamWave works as a 100% remote company (And thanks to their own software TeamWave that makes it smooth and easily manageable). The company believes in diversity at the workplace and thus has hired its 15+ employees from more than 10 different cities.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at TeamWave:
- Keeps track of the progress of work each individual via the Project Management Tool of TeamWave
- Give priority to asynchronous communication
- Daily 10 minute check-in call to understand what others are doing
- Automatic Check In Notification to keep track of the work done by others at TeamWave
- Groups in Google Chat to share updates and cheer team and individual victories,
- No fixed working hours, TeamWave believes in getting the work done
- Assign focussed time daily so that everyone can finish off priority tasks and only respond to urgent mails.
Zapier is an automation tool that easily connects and automates the apps businesses use every day. Thus, more work gets done with less effort. More than 1000+ apps such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp can be integrated using Zapier.
Zapier has a team of over 300 people spread across the world. Its employees are completely distributed, without any headquarters.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Zapier:
- Employees keep connected on a daily basis using Zoom for video conferencing, Slack for group chat, and an internal blog for team updates (instead of team emails).
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation days and 2-3 fully paid retreats
Buffer is one of the oldest social media toolkits aimed mainly at scheduling posts. It supports Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. It allows you to publish the content to various social media posts and measures and analyzes the performance of your business across various social media platforms.
Buffer is a fully distributed team and has more than 80 employees working in different countries. It is a 100% remote company. It aims at creating a feeling of inclusivity and equality across the board.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Buffer:
- Has experimented with new elements of work such as titles and no titles, managers and no managers, office and no office.
- Does not work on a fixed schedule or from a fixed location.
- Provides unlimited vacation, free books and Kindles, and annual international retreats
GitLab is a code collaboration platform, built for the enterprise. It is used by Fortune 500 Companies like IBM. GitLab also provides real-time security, and with GitLabs, the businesses get a complete DevOps platform delivered.
It is a 100% remote company with staff located in 3 continents.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at GitLab:
They have a remote manifesto which highlights the team’s values
- Bonding in real life when possible
- Giving credit where credit’s due.
- Flexible working hours
- Written-down processes over on-the-job training
Groove is a simple help desk for growing businesses. It allows businesses to provide help to their customers by removing unnecessary complexity. With this customizable web app, teams can manage support tickets easily.
Launched 3 years ago, the company consists of 9 staff across 9 cities. They have team members from all over the world—including Australia, Germany, Spain and the U.K
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Groove:
- 10 min check in call to chat with each other and understand what others are doing
- Use tools such as Slack, GSuite, Calendly, Zoom and Trello for daily communications
- Hiring employees from different time zones to improve their support coverage
Basecamp is a project management tool that helps teams stay on the same page. With calendaring, to-do-lists, due dates and file-sharing, Basecamp provides a way for teams to keep track of priorities and tick off all actionable items.
Basecamp consists of about 50 employees spread across 32 cities around the world. They also have a Chicago headquarters and few employees work from there. However,the employees are free to work wherever they want.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Basecamp:
- Daily Automatic Check-Ins
- Rather than focussing on various toolsets, they use Basecamp for project management and daily updates
- They share social questions and announcements to know their employees better
InVision is a design collaboration and prototyping platform that is used by companies such as Evernote, Airbnb, Adobe and Salesforce.
It is a 100% remote company that has a team of 220+ staffers spread across 14 different countries.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at InVision:
- Offers broad personal medical insurance, equipment allowances, free gym memberships, and even unlimited Starbucks drinks.
- Weekly Check-ins and anonymous surveys for feedback
- Use Slack and Zoom to stay connected with users.
Toggl is a simple online time-tracking tool that allows users to monitor as well as analyze productivity.
The team spans across 9 time zones.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Toggl:
- Team members meet at retreats in places like a castle near Edinburgh and Recco
- Toggl encourages employees to travel, set their own goals, and take charge of their own work.
Doist, the team behind Todoist, a popular productivity app that helps to manage tasks and projects.
This company has been around since 2007, and has 60 employees across 51 cities. Their founders believe that a “product stands a better chance of resonating with a global workforce when it’s created by people around the world.”
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Doist:
- 25 paid days of vacation a year
- generous hardware/software budget, perks that focus on employee’s well being, and more.
- No core working hours – the expectation is to work 40 hour weeks asynchronously
Automattic’s aims to “democratize publishing” so that anyone with a story, regardless of language, gender, politics, income, or location, can share their experience. The team has produced amazing apps like WordPress.com, Simplenote, Longreads, Gravatar,etc that many people rely on day-in and day-out.
Automattic has 500 employees who are spread across over 50 countries.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Automattic:
- Text chat is the key way they communicate with each other
- 70% of their projects are done on P2-themed WordPress.com blogs, 25 percent in private chat rooms, and the rest on Slack.
- Whole company gets together for 7 days in a year.
Toptal is an exclusive network of freelance software designers and developers. It matches a business’ talent requirements with freelancers in their network. First the businesses work with them on a risk-free trial basis.
Their employees are currently working from the US, Spain, Russia, Argentina, Thailand, and several other countries across the globe.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Toptal:
- All employees have full access to Udemy to work on their skillset
- Conduct routine/weekly one-on-ones to discuss progress and challenges.
- Easy access to real-time organizational structures thus helping the team members to identify the right person for a task
#12 Articulate Inc.
Articulate develops e-learning software, content, and community. It creates tools to author e-learning courses for the mobile and web
Founded in 2002, Articulate believes in empowering its employees–thus they allow the staff to work from wherever they want to.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Articulate Inc:
- Follow ROWE (Results only work environment)
- Use Tools such as Github, slack, hangouts, gdocs, trello etc to stay connected
- Meet-ups are very important
- Monthly Town-Halls via zoom
- offers an equipment and technology stipend for setting up a home office
Hotjar is a suite of analytics tools that helps you to gather qualitative data such as heatmaps, funnel tracking, user polls, surveys and more. It allows businesses to understand what people see and do on their website. Also, it helps them figure out how and why people are using it.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Hotjar:
- Team Manual so that all the co-workers are in the same page
- Fridays are demo day where they present their final projects and accomplishments
- Encourages to block out time for personal care
- Virtual “Bonfire meetings” where they discuss non-work related stuff.
Aha! is a product roadmap software that allows product managers and marketing teams to plan the why, when, and what of products, before actually building one. It helps users establish their product strategy, create details, capture ideas in one place, update status, and easily share roadmaps with customers and colleagues.
It was found in 2013. Aha! is a 100% remote company with about 100 staff.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Aha!:
- Uses Aha! As well as other messaging and video conferencing tools
- Weekly 1:1 with managers
- “Hatitude” is a system in which every person shares and receives gratitude
Hubstaff is a time-tracking tool. It is used by businesses to not only track time, but also help with attendance scheduling and automatic payroll processing.
The company was founded in 2012. They have staff spread across 80+cities
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Aha!
- Flexible timings and freedom to work from anywhere
- Plan annual retreat for their team
- Try to avoid too many emails, and instead use tools such as Skype for communication.
Harvest is a simple time tracking app that also allows you to create invoices and keep track of expenses.
This company is headquartered in New York City and their 50+ person team is distributed across the globe.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at Harvest:
- Reduce time for meetings as different people are from different time zones
- Rely mainly on Slack for communication
VidIQ helps your brand leverage tools to master your video marketing initiatives and grow a loyal customer base.
This company has more than 60 team members
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at vidIQ:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun retreats to exciting destinations
- Flexible work schedule
ConvertKit helps creators to find their audience, turn them into true fans, and earn a living with ConvertKit’s audience building and email marketing software.
Their staff are spread around the globe, working remotely from over 20 different cities.
Cool Highlights of Working Remotely at ConvertKit:
- Team retreats every 2 years
- They interact via Slack and Zoom