Copper CRM is an easy-to-use CRM that can be integrated with GSuite (Google Workspace). This is a great choice for small businesses that need to grow customer relationships and manage more sales leads but don’t have time for repetitive admin tasks, data entry or complicated tools.
We found out that many of you are on the lookout for a detailed pricing analysis for Copper CRM and thus we decided to do an in-depth review of what are the different Copper CRM pricing plans and which one would be suitable for your business.
Copper CRM has 3 plans: Basic Plan, Professional Plan and Business Plan
We will find out what each plan has to offer.
Does Copper CRM have a Free pricing plan?
No. Copper CRM doesn’t have a free plan. They have a 14-day free trial, where you get to use the Business (highest) plan of Copper CRM and thus you get access to all the features of Copper CRM. In this free trial, you can add as many users as you like!
This can be instantly activated by signing up using your email address.
Basic Plan : For Businesses who are moving from spreadsheets/ trying their first CRM
Price of Basic Plan: US$ 25/user/month (3 seat limit)
Basic plan is limited to just 3 users. This is for the businesses who are moving from spreadsheets to CRM or trying out a CRM for the first time.
You can add 2500 contacts that include leads and people.
Now let’s look at a few available features of the Basic Plan:
- Calendar Sync + Meeting Scheduler
- Google contact and Gmail Sync
- Project Management
- Team Collaboration
- Multiple Pipelines
- Basic Reporting and Sales Forecasting
- 10 Custom Fields
- Email and Open Tracking
These are the features we can talk about in the Basic Plan. But then they miss out on major features for which the users have to opt for higher plans such as
- Lacks integrations with Slack, Mailchimp, Zendesk etc
- No workflow automations
- Can’t send bulk emails or email sequences
- Lacks Activity Reporting and Goal Tracking
- Does not allow to set multi currency
A major disappointment is that the Sales Workflow automation is missing because you need to automate tedious business processes to boost the efficiency of the business.
So this clearly shows if the businesses have more than 3 users and are planning to scale up then they need to jump to either Professional or Business Plans.
Professional Plan: Ideal Choice for Growing Teams
Price of Professional Plan: US$ 59/user/month (no seat limit)
The Professional Plan of Copper CRM is for growing teams who are not looking for complex CRMs. This plan allows you to add 15000 contacts.
In addition to the features in the Basic Plan, Professional Plan includes the following features:
- Allows Google Data Studio Integration
- Allows workflow automation
- You get access to unlimited email templates and can send bulk emails
- Integration with Quickbooks, Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, Mailchimp etc
- You can also do integration via Developer API
- Activity Reporting
- Unlimited Custom fields
- Team Permissions
But few of the limitations seen in this plan are:
- No email sequences
- Can’t build your own embedded integrations
- No Leaderboard so can’t track the company’s sales team’s performance
- No goal tracking
Business Plan: Businesses Who Want Unlimited Contacts and Full Customization of the Platform
Price of Business Plan: US$ 119/user/month (no seat limit)
The Business Plan of Copper CRM is for the businesses that are already scaling their business and want to add unlimited contacts as well as need more customizations in the CRM.
In addition to the features of two above plans, Business plan includes:
- Ability to set email sequences
- Can build your own embedded integrations
- Allows Leaderboard and goal tracking
Few features like real-time currency conversions and accessibility to other business apps via custom development are only available in the Business plan.
Why would you choose Copper CRM?
And here are a few reasons why people preferred Copper CRM over other CRMs:
- Less expensive especially compared to Salesforce and the paid plans of Hubspot (Hubspot has a free plan that is too simple). And that is the exact reason you will see many people have switched from Salesforce and Hubspot.
- 91% of the reviewers in Select Hub mentioned that this is easy-to-use software. And thus, does not have a large learning curve.
- Gmail goes back to one-year-old data and syncs contacts. Many users have mentioned that Copper CRM is a great tool for GSuite integration.
- Excellent support team which is available for all plans unlike many other CRMs which provide one-on-one support only to higher plans.
- About 85% of the reviewers in Select Hub mentioned that they found it easier to customize various aspects of the platform.
- Quick onboarding with few users sharing experience of how they were onboarded within a few days.
All the users who were satisfied with Copper CRM believe that this is a good choice for SMBs as it has an easy to use interface. And also this is a go-to option for the businesses who cannot afford or don’t need the larger enterprise tier CRMs. This is suitable for those businesses which rely on heavy integration with GSuite or Google Applications.
Limitations of Copper CRM
Although Copper is hailed as “one of the best CRM for GSuite integration”, but, when it comes to many other functionalities that small businesses need, we have come across a lot of dissatisfied users, who are either looking for more integrations or are planning to switch to a better CRM to get their job done more efficiently. A few of the major issues faced by users are:
- Reporting: 70% of the reviewers in Select Hub mentioned that daily accurate reports on progress would be beneficial. In Copper CRM, they don’t have advanced reporting capabilities.
- Email tracking: 75% of the reviewers of Select Hub were dissatisfied with the email tracking option and said that this feature needed improvement. Users complain that Copper provides unreliable and confusing email tracking.
- Workflow automation is extremely limited. Users have mentioned it to be clunky and not intuitive. Users were not able to send automated emails and push notifications when they enter a new stage of a pipeline.
- Lack of support videos and knowledge resources
- Lack of integration: The users are on the lookout for more direct integrations with messaging services, email services, push notification platforms, and chat services.
- Synchronization issues: When you input a new contact, each field takes a while to update, so if you continue typing you will realise that it has only picked up half of the information you input.
- Expensive: Users feel that with such basic features, Copper CRM is much more pricey than many other CRMs that have similar or even more features.
We would definitely recommend you to check out TeamWave. Not because it is our CRM, but because of the amazing benefits it offers compared to other CRMs and that too at a much lower price i.e., just US$ 39 for unlimited users:
- TeamWave is built for SMBs.
- All the CRM features are available at one place: Sales, Contact, HR and Project Management.
- It has a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- As per our customer reviews, TeamWave is an easy-to-use software(for beginners as well as tech-savvies)
- It is fully integrated with G-Suite, Gmail, Zapier, Quickbooks etc.
- There is no per-user fee or additional pricing. All the features are for unlimited users.
- TeamWave has an easily accessible knowledge base and 24/7 customer support.
Sign up for our 14-day free trial right away.