Capsule CRM calls itself a simple yet powerful CRM. They have many basic CRM features like Contact Management, Tasks and Calendars, Sales Pipeline, Sales Analytics and Customization. They also have integrations with Quickbooks, Mailchimp, Xero, Wufoo and Zapier to name a few. But now the question arises, are they suitable for small businesses? How is the pricing plan vs Features when compared to other leading CRM? And if you are opting for Capsule CRM, which plan should you opt for?
In this detailed pricing review of Capsule CRM, you will find the answer for all these questions. We will compare the different plans and walk you through the important advantages as well as disadvantages of each plan.
What are the different pricing plans of Capsule CRM?
Capsule CRM has 3 Plans: Professional, Teams and Enterprise.
The pricing starts at US $18/user. Also, Capsule CRM has a “Pay as you go” service and you can cancel anytime.
All the plans have a 30-day free trial period but it does require a Credit Card so don’t forget to keep check of the end date of your trial.
Detailed analysis and review of the different pricing plans of Capsule CRM
Does Capsule CRM have a Free Plan?
Yes. They have a FREE plan with basic features for up to 2 users and 250 contacts. In case you are not willing to give away your credit card information for the free trial, this Free Plan is a great way to test Capsule CRM but you will miss out on few integrations and advanced features you will get along with the trial version.
A few features available with the Free Plan are unlimited custom fields, sales opportunities, cases and tracks.
The other prominent features included are:
- Calendar and Task Management
- Customizable Sales Milestones
- Kanban Visual Pipeline
- Customized Filter Lists
- Sales Pipeline Dashboard
This plan lacks basic features like Activity reporting and integration with major software like Quickbooks, MailChimp etc. So this plan won’t be of much help to small businesses which are on the lookout for a CRM that helps them perform advanced functions.
Consideration: In case you are at the beginning stage of your business, have very few leads and contacts and are just on the lookout for the basic CRM features, then you can consider starting off with this plan.
Professional Plan: For Small Businesses
Price: US$ 18/user
This plan is suitable for small businesses especially the ones who are starting off with a CRM.
Few of the prominent features of this Plan are:
- 50,000 Contacts
- 10GB Storage per User
- Premium Integrations including G Suite, Xero, QuickBooks, MailChimp, Wufoo & many more!
- Activity Reporting
- Cannot restrict access of records to a few team members
- Custom activities are not available
- Lacks advanced sales reporting
Consideration: This CRM is affordable, but it has fewer features when compared to other CRMs in a similar price range. In case you are just starting off with a CRM, you can consider Capsule CRM. In case you need to restrict access to only a few people then you must probably look for higher plans.
Teams Plan: For Small and Medium Businesses
Price: US$ 36/user
This plan is suitable for small and medium businesses which are planning to scale up at a rapid pace.
Few of the prominent features of this plan, apart from the ones already available in Professional plan are:
- 100,000 Contacts
- 20GB Storage per User
- Advanced Sales Reporting
- User Roles and Restrictions
- Team or Individual Record Assignment
- Custom Activity Types
- It does not provide the advanced level of support as in the Enterprise Plan
Consideration: This plan is good for users who are looking for advanced reporting features and also want to restrict access to only certain users. But there are other robust CRMs like TeamWave (US $39 for unlimited users) which provides more features at a much lower cost.
Enterprise: For Large Businesses and Medium Businesses looking to scale up
Price: US$ 54/user
This plan is suitable for growing businesses that have complex workflows and need custom training and priority support from their CRM.
Few of the prominent features of this plan, apart from the ones already available in Teams plan are:
- 200,000 Contacts
- 40GB Storage per User
- Implementation Support
- Import Assistance
- Custom Training
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
- Ongoing Priority Support
It falls short of customisations and features offered by many other CRMs at the same price level.
Consideration: If your team needs advanced reporting features and more integrations, then this plan will not be a right choice.
Why would you choose Capsule CRM?
In G2, we came across the following pros of Capsule CRM. Many Capsule CRM user reviews have pointed out that Capsule CRM has a simple and easy to use interface. Also, most of these satisfied users were people who were just starting off their business or using a CRM for the first time.
- Simple CRM – This CRM is easy to use and easy to configure when compared with CRMs like Salesforce which have lots of features that can confuse the user.
- Helpful Customer Support Team that resolves the issues of the users quickly and efficiently.
- Affordable because of the FREE plan which is useful for businesses that are starting off.
- Easy-set up: It is intuitive, so getting your team and starting off won’t be difficult.
Limitations of Capsule CRM
Every tool has its limitations and when it comes to CRM, there’s no “one-size-fits-all” solution in the market. If you were to look at the G2 reviews for Capsule CRM, you will find some of these issues highlighted by current and former customers:
- Software is clunky: In the G2 review, quite a few users have mentioned that the software is outdated, visually as well as in terms of functionality. Some features like the Sales Pipeline are very basic. Also, Capsule CRM has not had any major software upgrade over the years.
- Navigation is hard especially when you are starting out with this CRM.
- Security is one of the biggest issues with Capsule CRM and could be the major reason that some businesses decide against the adoption of this software. Capsule CRM has weak user permissions: you can set a user as an administrator, this will allow him to invite other users, do a few minor configurations, or decide whether they can export data – but that’s all. Everyone has the same permissions when it comes to viewing opportunities, contacts, correspondence, cases, and other business-related information.
- Capsule CRM is not incredibly advanced when compared to what few other CRM platforms offer. There aren’t any advanced automation capabilities that will allow us to run email campaigns or other types of marketing activities that could steadily nurture the leads towards a conversion.
- The per-user Capsule CRM pricing for premium plans is very high.
- The reporting features were “very basic” – you could get the info you needed in a spreadsheet but not much more.
Capsule CRM Alternative
We would definitely recommend you to check out TeamWave. Not because it is our CRM, but because of the amazing benefits it offers compared to other CRMs and that too at a much lower price i.e., just US$ 39 for unlimited users:
- TeamWave is built for SMBs.
- All the CRM features are available at one place: Sales, Contact, HR and Project Management.
- It has a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- As per our customer reviews, TeamWave is an easy-to-use software(for beginners as well as tech-savvies)
- It is fully integrated with G-Suite, Gmail, Zapier, Quickbooks etc.
- There is no per-user fee or additional pricing. All the features are for unlimited users.
- TeamWave has an easily accessible knowledge base and 24/7 customer support.
Sign up for our 14-day free trial right away.