Are pointless hours being wasted juggling different tasks and projects? Wondering, if you had a magic wand such that you could manage the time more efficiently and focus on what’s important? When it comes to small business (or for that matter any business) time is money and thus it is of utmost importance that you invest in good time management tools to streamline the tasks of your team and help them stay productive.
We have come up with a list of 19 top time management tools. Check out the function, features and pricing of these tools and choose the one that suits your current as well as future business needs.
18 Best Time Management Tools for Small Business
- Teamwork Projects
- Focus Booster
- Remember the Milk
#1 TeamWave – Integrated CRM, PM and HRM Software
TeamWave is an all-in-one, small business productivity platform that is best for businesses who want to efficiently manage time without switching from one tool to another. It is a powerful, easy to use and affordable work management software that allows small businesses to manage their sales, projects, team, clients & marketing – on a single platform. TeamWave allows customization of the CRM, track time, work anywhere, anytime with its mobile app, has extensive reporting capabilities and much more.
Special Time Management Features of TeamWave:
- Integrated CRM, HRM and Project Management Software – so literally all the work related to your business happens in one place
- Built-in notifications and reminders to stay informed of all activities and tasks.
- Adding Estimated Time for Tasks: Can add estimated time for tasks
- Adding Time Logs: Allows timesheet management for tasks
- Exporting Time Logs: Create and download reports for a specific project by accessing the ‘Time Log‘ section of the project. These reports will be downloaded as ‘.xlsx ‘ files and you’ll be able to upload them to your favourite invoicing app.
- Advanced Reporting: All of the reports have been categorized into three broad sections – project-specific, user-specific and time log specific. They will provide quick insights on the project progress, productivity, time logs and help you spot trends with a few clicks.
- Integration with 1000+ apps: This helps you to automate workflows and save time.
Price for UNLIMITED users: US$ 39 per month
#2 ProofHub – Project Planning Software
ProofHub is a Project Management Software that helps you to handle all your projects and collaborate with teams from one place. You can track multiple projects, get estimates from your team members and create dependencies among tasks in a Gantt chart view. This software has a small learning curve and will be a good choice for growing teams.
Special Time Management Features of ProofHub:
- Add multiple timesheets to record time data.
- Set time estimates to define how much time it should take to get work done.
- See all time data of people across all projects, billable or non-billable, project progress, and status without the need to jump through projects.
- Enter hours it took to get work done and track time spent for billable or non-billable hours manually.
- Record time it takes to get work done using timers.
- Export timesheets and generate reports
Price for 10 users: US$ 99 per month [Ultimate Control]
#3 Harvest – Time Tracking and Invoicing Software
Harvest is a modern time tracking and invoicing software. It allows you to track time, generate reports and forecast, creative invoices from time spent data and integrates workflows. Harvest is a great choice for small businesses that need to manage teams and bill clients with ease. Along with these it also has excellent integration features.
Special Time Management Features of Harvest
- Seamlessly create an invoice from your billable time
- Intuitive timers that help you to track time anytime, anywhere.
- Integrates with tools like Google Calendar and Outlook to track time.
- Project Reporting with live visual reports
- Review, edit and approve timesheets and keep track of the bandwidth of the employees
- Generate invoices directly from tracked time and expenses
Price for 10 users: US$ 120/month [Pro]
#4 Toggl – Time Tracker and Project Planning
Toggl is a simple online time-tracking tool that allows users to monitor as well as analyze productivity. All you have to do is click the “start” button and you can start tracking your time for any project, and “stop” when you’re done. This is a great tool if you are looking for a basic time tracking features. In case you are looking for invoicing options and advanced project management features along with time management then it is better to opt for some other tool
Special Time Management Features of Toggl
- Integrates with 100+ tools such as Slack, ToDoist, Notion etc.
- Add comments directly in tasks to improve communication
- Simple drag and drop interface
- Easily share timeline tasks and plans with your team
- Unlimited Plan Boards
- In-app notifications
Price for 10 users: US$ 80/month [Team]
#5 Scoro – Work Management Software
Scoro provides you with all the tools you need for efficient time management, including time tracking, work reporting, billing, project & task management. Thus along with being a time management tool, it is also a work management software. This helps you to enhance team collaboration and hence handle all your business needs from one place.
Special Time Management Features of Scoro
- Planner to plan projects and allocate work as per availability of resources
- Email invoices to clients based on the hours worked
- Project Timeline to visualize the progress of the work
- Detailed project reports that can be broken down into team members, clients etc
- Track both billable and actual time and transfer the hours to an invoice
- Automate late invoice reminders, scheduled and recurring invoicing
Price for 10 users: US$ 280/month [Essential]
#6 Hubstaff – Time Tracking and Productivity Monitoring Tool
Hubstaff is an all-in-one work time tracker that helps to monitor remote teams with ease. They focus on employee empowerment and privacy. The employees can choose, when they want to start recording their time. Along with time-management features, it also includes project managment and billing features. So probably add this to your consideration list if you are a remote team.
Special Time Management Features of Hubstaff
- Timesheet App that records time spent on projects
- Automated work tracking based on custom locations
- App and URL tracking, optional screenshots and more
- Smarter work tracking for teams on the go using GPS tracking
- Add budget limits and get automatic alerts for any projects
- Online timesheets that you can easily export
Price for 10 users: US$ 100/month [Premium]
#7 Teamwork – Project Management Software
Teamwork aims at helping project management teams deliver better projects in less time. It shows the estimated time you might need for work and you can log the actual time against it. Soon you’ll become very accurate in your estimates, and you will understand exactly how long it takes to complete certain tasks. Teamwork helps in-house teams & agencies improve collaboration, accountability, visibility, and ultimately results.
Special Time Management Features of Teamwork Projects
- Built-in Time tracker
- Measure all time spent on a project across multiple tasks and team members
- Breakdown of how time has been spent across client projects
- Valuable insights provided by the time tracker tool
- Generate invoices from Project Timesheet
Price for 10 users: US$ 125/month [Deliver]
#8 Asana – Work Management Software
Asana is a web and mobile-based project management platform that specializes in handling the workflow of your team by allowing team members to create tasks, set deadlines and track the progress of each task. It is an easy to use tool and you can go for this work management software if you do not have to handle complex projects.
Special Time Management Features of Asana
- List views help people to understand which tasks are a priority
- Timeline view to see how work maps over time
- Organize your tasks into projects for timelines and roadmaps
- Automate routine tasks
- Get real-time charts and other visual highlights to keep work on track
- Review milestones, and check on your team’s progress
Price for 10 users: US$ 0/month [Basic]
#9 Trello – Simple Project Management Software
Trello cards are your portal to more organized work—where every single part of your task can be managed, tracked, and shared with teammates. It is easy to use and has no learning curve. Easy collaboration is one of the key highlights why Trello is added to this list but when the size and complexity of the teams and projects increases then you will have to jump to other project management software.
Special Time Management Features of Trello
- Timeline view for project planning
- Creating unlimited task lists
- Calendar that helps with time management
- Trello Cards that help to manage work
- Can automate common actions like moving lists
- Image and file sharing
Price for 10 users: US$ 125/month [Business Class]
#10 Zapier – Work Automation Software
Zapier is a pioneer in the software automation space. It helps users to connect apps, automate workflows, and thus, increase productivity. If you are wondering why Zapier is on this list, rather than using several tools, it is always time-saving to use one tool that connects all your favourite apps in one place.
Special Time Management Features of Zapier
- Add task due dates to Google Calendar
- Schedule events using Web Forms
- Start projects when you send the initial invoice to the client
- Track time spent on projects
- Can track projects via company dashboards
- Share blog posts across multiple channels with ease
Price for 10 users: US$ 199/month [Starter]
#11 Focus Booster – Pomodoro App and Time Tracker
Focus Booster is not like your average Pomodoro timer. It also allows you to record all your sessions and track your productivity. This app helps you to monitor time and earnings per client, take out time for personal goals and estimate realistic deadlines. If you are looking for a basic time tracking tool you can go for this.
Special Time Management Features of Focus Booster
- Pomodoro sessions are automatically recorded so that you can track time
- Dashboards to see visual progress of tasks
- Provides insights into how much time you spent on personal goals
- Can be used on any computer or mobile
- Today list to keep track of all your daily activities
- Filter time entries to check what you worked on and when
Price for 10 users: US$ 4.99/month [Professional]
#12 TimeCamp – Time Tracking App
TimeCamp is a simple time tracking app to help you gain insights into your projects and tasks. It uses time-tracking for measuring project profitability, billing clients, or paying employees at the end of the month. This is a low-cost solution and if small businesses are looking for only the basic features of time management and billing then they can go for this software.
Special Time Management Features of TimeCamp
- Track team’s performance and project profitability
- Automatic billable and non-billable time tracking
- Measure productivity of your team and the time they spent on different apps and websites
- Integrated payment gateway
- Automatically scans the domain names of your apps and groups them into predefined categories.
- Powerful reporting
- Automatically fills employees’ timesheets with time entries and/or daily activity.
Price for 10 users: US$ 52.5/month [Basic]
#13 Monday – Project Management Software
Monday helps you to manage all tasks in one place. They provide visual and customizable templates and you can integrate with many other tools just with a click. Besides effective time management, using Monday.com, users can collaborate and communicate at one single shared workspace with ease.
Special Time Management Features of Monday
- Automate repetitive tasks with ease
- View data as a map, timeline, calendar, kanban, etc
- Drag and drop column types and customize the workflow
- Updates available for every item thus helping in faster communication
- Tag and notify teammates including external vendors and guests
- Build and customize data dashboards
Price for 10 users: US$ 80/month [Basic]
#14 RescueTime – Automatic Productivity Tracker
RescueTime provides intelligent insights into how you spend your days. This tool blocks distraction inducing websites and thus helps you focus on your tasks. It has all the time management tools that help the employees to scale up their productivity levels.
Special Time Management Features of RescueTime
- Automatic time tracking on apps and websites
- Detailed trends, reports and insights
- One-click offline time for tracking meetings and calls
- Set daily goals and get real-time nudges to stay focused and on track
- Integrates with your favourite apps like Calendar and Slack
Price for 10 users: US$ 60/month [Essential]
#15 Clockify – Work Hours Tracker
If you are on the lookout for a free time tracker for your team with basic features then go for Clockify software. And if you want extra features you can go for higher plans as well. Clockify can be used in the cloud or installed on Mac, Linux OS or Windows.
Special Time Management Features of Clockify (Free feature)
- Time tracker
- Log your in and out hours in Timesheet
- Visually track time and log activities using Calendar
- See where do you spend time and what your team is working on using dashboards
- Reports that give you the breakdown of your team activities
- Track time on projects, and keep an eye on progress and budget.
#16 FocusMe – Website Blocker and Focus App
FocusMe is the most powerful app available for online workers who want to lock themselves out of Websites, Apps, and Games on their phone or computer. It provides features such as time tracking, scheduling, Pomodoro timer, all in one package. The only disadvantage is its lack of compatibility with a few devices. On Desktop, it works with Windows and Mac devices but not with Linux.
Special Time Management Features of FocusMe
- Block, limit, or ration use of time-sucking websites & apps.
- Powerful “force” mode when you need to go nuclear.
- Works on Windows, Mac and 100% Free on Android.
- Set “launch limits” that only allow you to open your email a certain number of times per day.
Price for 10 users: US$ 50/month
#17 Remember the Milk – Online To-Do List and Task Manager
Remember the Milk is a simple time management app that helps you stay more organized by breaking tasks into subtasks, unlimited sharing, colouring tags for organization, advanced sorting and much more. Although they provide basic time management features in the free version, the Pro version is quite pricey compared to the other software providers on this list.
Special Time Management Features of Remember the Milk
- Using Smart Add, enter your task’s properties in one line, including due date, priority, repeat, tags, and more.
- Get reminded of tasks by email, text, IM, Twitter, and mobile apps
- Make your lists both organized and colorful with tags.
- Breakdown the tasks with further subtasks
- Share your lists and give tasks to others to get things done faster.
- Connect to Google Drive or Dropbox to keep documents, spreadsheets, presentations, photos, and files handily alongside the related tasks.
Price for 10 users: US$ 399/year [Pro]
#18 TimeTree – Shared Calendar App
TimeTree was built with the goal of being an integral part of managing one’s schedules through sharing and communication. They call themselves a “calendar made for sharing”. Your employees can keep track of their personal schedules as well as the work tasks and schedules at one single place.
Special Time Management Features of TimeTree
- Smart Calendar Sharing
- Record and Share your objectives
- Include APIs and Public Calendars, and you’ll never miss a thing.
#19 factoHR- Timesheet Software
factoHR offers a timesheet software to track employees’ time and working hours. It helps employers to analyze the productivity levels of the workforce. The software will organize the working and project management from the starting to the endpoint. It can be integrated with different modules like employee leave and time shifts for better allocation of the tasks. The capabilities of the software make it suitable even for remote working models. factoHR will enable better scheduling and tracking for the enhancement of productivity.
Special Time Management Features of factoHR
- Time tracking of day-to-day schedules without manual entries
- Timely inputs of the tasks through employee self-service portal
- Online timesheet system to keep the project management organized
- Time spent analysis of productive and non-productive work
- Recording of the total working hours spent on the project to calculate the billable hours
- Approval of the entries in the hierarchical order
Looking for an effective all-in-one work management software then click here for the free trial.