Quickbooks is the preferred online accounting software by small and medium businesses worldwide. It organizes accounting data in the cloud, helping you track sales, generate and send invoices. But then why is there a need to integrate Quickbooks with a Project Management Software?
There are many different teams working simultaneously on the same project. It is difficult for the business owners to keep track of the project from the beginning to the end. And this is where project management apps need to sync various activities, streamline processes and build a stronger relationship with the customers.
Why Quickbooks is not used as a Project Management tool?
Project management software assists an individual or team to effectively organize work and manage milestones, projects and tasks with ease. Here are reasons why Quickbooks is not a Project Management tool:
- Using a Project management tool, you can track the milestones, projects and tasks and calculate the estimated time as to when it can be completed. This helps the organization, team or individual to prioritize and implement tasks effectively.
- When handling different projects, you will have the need to compare which projects are delivering maximum profits and which are running at a loss. What will be the expected profit in the next quarter? Such insights will help you to invest in areas where there are positive returns. And thus you need a great reporting and forecasting tool that provides you with this information.
- In case your business has many clients, it will be difficult to handle all the customer-related information in the same place. The teams have to collaborate with each other for information and have to update the team members regarding the progress of the deals. This can only happen if there is a proper Customer Relationship Management (CRM) in place.
- Until and unless you don’t manage your bills and invoices, how will you know if your expenses are exceeding the planned budget? Different projects have different budgets allotted to them. Thus, budget management is required to see if the expenses are as per the plan or if there is a need to optimize the cost.
- When many people are working on the same projects on different tasks, there are chances of data duplications and thus errors in calculations. Thus there is a need to collaborate better so that the data of all teams are in sync.
10 Best Project Management Tools for Quickbooks in 2021
So now to overcome the above-mentioned challenges, you need to integrate your Quickbooks with a project management tool. And thus we have narrowed down 10 best Project Management tools, which will help you manage your business, boost the employee productivity and thus ultimately increase your sales.
- Agile CRM
#1 Quickbooks Integration with TeamWave
TeamWave is an integrated Project Management, CRM and HR Software. It provides small and medium-sized businesses with everything they need for effective collaboration, sales tracking, business processes, contact management, and marketing automation.
TeamWave has advanced Project Management features like list/kanban views, templates, tasks/subtasks, time-tracking & more, which are included in the plan. This is available for unlimited users.
TeamWave and QBO combine to give one complete view of your business, starting from capturing that first lead, delivering projects, right through to invoicing and payments. Wondering why we say Quickbooks Integration with TeamWave is the best choice you can make for your business? Then check out these benefits of TeamWave and QBO integration for yourself.
Benefits of TeamWave and Quickbooks Online Integration
- 360-degree view of the customers: Linking customers to QuickBooks in Projects, Deals, Organisation and Persons in TeamWave will help your team see all the transactions (Estimates, Payments and Invoices) of those customers within TeamWave. You can also create customer invoices in QuickBooks right from TeamWave.
- Avoid duplication and increase data accuracy: The data is synced between TeamWave and QBO. There is no duplication of data, thus, avoiding such errors.
- Access information anytime, anywhere: Automatically creates new customer records in TeamWave and QuickBooks Online and keeps them synced. This way the whole team can collect the information even when they are on the go.
- Improves efficiency of your business: With TeamWave and QBO integration, you can easily export your Timesheets as Invoices in QuickBooks with one click. Thus, in case you want to bill your clients or want to check if you are meeting your project’s budget, this is your go-to option.
- Highly cost-effective: With an increase in efficiency and productivity, the employees can close more deals and faster, thus boosting the revenue of the businesses. And all these features are available with TeamWave at a flat price of US$ 39/month for unlimited users.
Key Consideration: TeamWave has an availability of all the essential apps, reporting features, Project Management tools, CRM, HRM and integrations with other softwares, available at a flat price at US$39/month for unlimited users. This makes TeamWave the best choice for small businesses and startups who are looking for a great Project Management tool to integrate with Quickbooks.
Price for UNLIMITED users: $39/month
#2 Quickbooks Integration with Scoro
- Dynamic dashboards so that the users can track real time results
- Streamlined workflow
- Detailed enterprise level reports
- Real Time KPI dashboards
Key Consideration: Scoro CRM is a project management software that simplifies work and reduces time spent on routine tasks and has a set of a few good features. And that is the exact reason we have added it to this list. But one major let down is the report section. It has limited features. The software needs to be a lot more intuitive and also it has a steep learning curve. Additionally, there are many glitches in the software which worsens the customer experience. These reasons clearly show that this does not provide the value for money.
Price for 10 users: US$ 260/month
#3 Quickbooks Integration with Insightly
Insightly CRM Highlights
- Can be Integrated with over 250 applications
- Schedule email so that the sales team can inform the prospect or lead on time
- Flexible Record linking of the contacts to deals and thus effectively manages customer relationships.
- Custom reporting & forecasting
Key Consideration: Due to many features, Insightly CRM is complex and has a high learning curve. Users complain that it has an outdated user interface. Its mobile app does not have important CRM features such as time-tracking, real-time analysis and automatic notification. In addition, as it is more expensive, it will not be an affordable choice for SMBs.
Price for 10 users: US$ 290/month
#4 Quickbooks Integration with Bitrix24
- Gantt Chart allows viewing Tasks and Subtasks
- Task dependencies, the tool that helps to build logical relationships between tasks, is available here.
- Availability of Kanban View
- Reporting features for employee workload management
Key Consideration: Bitrix24 is a collaboration suite with apps like task management, CRM, Telephony and time tracking, etc. While it offers a lot of features that can be used by any company, it’s not focused on small business and usability. Its UX is termed as “clunky” by the users. Also, they provide poor customer experience as the customer care is only available at few hours and are not experienced enough to resolve the issues.
Price for 10 users: US$ 95/month [Start+ Plans]
#5 Quickbooks Integration with Agile CRM
Agile CRM Highlights
- It automates sales, marketing and services at one place. This helps to maintain communication consistency.
- Dynamic Webform
- Advanced marketing metrics
- It is easy to link social media profiles to campaigns and contact views
- It can send personalized messages and includes mobile messaging in campaigns
Key Consideration: Agile CRM, is an all-in-one project management system that does not have a high learning curve. One major drawback is its starter package users, who can use only single integration. The reports are cluttered and confusing and users need to take higher plans to review activity reports. In conclusion, this CRM is very expensive with such limited features.
Price for 10 users: US$ 99/month
#6 Quickbooks Integration with Freshworks
- The AI-based lead scoring system
- Smart workflow automation
- Personalized templates and can send multiple emails
- Can call clients directly from the app and has other options like personalised welcome messages and auto-dialling.
- Sort and filter options that help the users find bad deals, bestsellers or closed deals.
Key Consideration: Freshworks CRM is a simple project management software for small businesses. But the downside is that the number of third-party integrations, compared to other project management software, is small. Also, it does not have the flexibility for customizing lead scores. While looking at customer reviews, we found a number of complaints against their customer support services. As the business grows and the need for advanced functionalities increases, it can be difficult to manage operations with Freshworks CRM.
Price for 10 users: US$ 190/month
#7 Quickbooks Integration with TeamWork
- Can export invoices to Quickbooks Online
- Can assign tasks and due dates using task lists, board views and Gantt charts
- Time tracking tools
- Fiters and dashboards can be used for reporting
Key Consideration: Teamwork is work and project management software with all the features you need to plan, collaborate on, and deliver your work. But with too many features and a confusing dashboard people find it difficult to navigate through TeamWork. Thus, the system is not considered very intuitive to use. At times, the software also becomes glitchy. Thus it is not very useful when handling very complex projects.
Price for 10 users: US$ 100/month [Pro Plan]
#8 Quickbooks Integration with BigTime
- Intuitive data entry system that allows your users to log time quickly.
- Streamlines internal processes from project creation, time and expense approvals, setting budgets to sending custom client invoices.
- Real-time look at resource allocations
- Adopts to the existing settings in QuickBooks to maintain seamless communication
Key Consideration: BigTime is a time, billing, and expense tracking and payment platform which gives your entire team the tools they need to deliver billable work on time and on budget. But users have complained that there are too many steps involved when trying to integrate BigTime with Quickbooks, thus making the integration process more complex. Many users have faced issues with the reporting feature. Also, it is not user-friendly and has a very steep learning curve.
Price for 10 users: US$ 100/month [Express Plan]
#9 Quickbooks Integration with Paymo
- Can export invoices to Quickbooks Online
- Meta Task Board to view all tasks at the same place
- A powerful time tracker to view time entries of the whole organization in different views
Key Consideration: Paymo is a work management solution for small businesses and remote teams that offers advanced task management, planning, scheduling, time tracking, invoicing and collaboration. Communication with colleagues can sometimes get a bit chaotic as it takes some time to get updated in the workflow. Also, the filters can sometimes be confusing.
Price for 10 users: US$ 99/month
#10 Quickbooks Integration with Quotient
- Quickbooks invoice are created automatically, once the quote is accepted
- Quickbooks customers can be added to the Quotes in Quotient
- Can include images and files in the quotes
Key Consideration: Quotient is a cloud-based configure-price-quote (CPQ) solution that allows small business users to create, send and manage professional quotes. Although we added it to this because of its integration with Quickbooks and feature of creating quotes. But, as a project management tool, it is not that great. It does not allow users to customize the software easily as per their business needs. And it is a little expensive for more than one user when compared to other project management tools.
Price for 10 users: US$ 250/month[One Man Band Plan]
And when choosing the right Project Management tool look into the larger perspective and select the software that is best for your business along with the Quickbooks integration.
And before choosing a Project Management tool you always need to go for a test drive. Time to signup for TeamWave’s free trial and see for yourself why we call it the best.