Capsule CRM software is a simple-to-use relationship management tool that focuses on tracking contacts, customer relationships and sales pipelines. Although Capsule CRM has been around since 2008, it offers significantly fewer features compared to other similar-priced CRM solutions in the market.
So, why are businesses searching for an alternative to Capsule CRM?
Every tool has its limitations and when it comes to CRM, there’s no “one-size-fits-all” solution in the market. If you were to look at the reviews for Capsule CRM online, you will find some of these issues highlighted by current and former customers:
- A glorified address book: seems it hasn’t progressed in years of use, both visually and in terms of functionality. They have a very basic sales pipeline. This clearly shows that Capsule CRM is not making frequent improvements in their Software.
- It’s hard to navigate and get a grasp when first starting out. It is also a little tough to segment certain groups.
- Security is one of the biggest issues with Capsule CRM and could be the major reason that some businesses decide against the adoption of this software. Capsule CRM has weak user permissions: you can set a user as an administrator, this will allow him to invite other users, do a few minor configurations, or decide whether they can export data – but that’s all. Everyone has the same permissions when it comes to viewing opportunities, contacts, correspondence, cases, and other business-related information.
- Capsule CRM is not incredibly advanced when compared to what few other CRM platforms offer. There aren’t any substantive automation capabilities which will allow us to run email campaigns or other types of marketing activities that could steadily nurture the leads towards a conversion.
- The per-user Capsule CRM pricing for premium plans is very high.
- Importing data is a little cumbersome as two passes are required – first organizations and then contacts. De-duping is also painful.
Why are we reviewing Capsule CRM alternatives?
Before building TeamWave – an all-in-one small business productivity software that combines features of Project Management, CRM, and HRMS, we did extensive market research on the popular CRM solutions in the market. Capsule CRM was one of the top ten CRM apps we evaluated. The others being:
- Nutshell CRM
- Agile CRM
- Nimble CRM
- Teamleader CRM
We analysed each of the above apps and understood the pros and cons from the perspective of a small business user, and here is the summary of our findings:
#1 Capsule Alternative: TeamWave CRM
- Visual Sales Pipeline to tame the complex sales process and thus stay organized
- Customize CRM to match any business or sales process
- HRM, CRM and Task/ Project Management, all of this, at one place.
- Mobile App that helps the team stay updated about various deals and projects, even when they are travelling
- Contact Management
- Reports and Forecasts for important insights which lead to the efficient sales planning
- Email Integrations to track all discussions with the prospect at one place
- Built-in notifications and reminders to keep track of all tasks and activities.
- Web forms to capture important information about the prospects, and thus, find quality leads
- Products Feature creates a library of all goods or services the business provides and links them to the deals.
- Integrates with other apps like Gsuite, Zapier and QuickBooks to capture all the important information.
How is TeamWave CRM better than Capsule CRM?
|No user permissions, custom fields and team performance tracking.||Custom user permissions (roles), unlimited custom fields & performance tracking included.|
|Lacks advanced features like product catalog, multi-currency, private pipeline & others.||Product catalog, multi-currency & pipeline privacy included|
|No project management features||Advanced project management features including list/kanban views, tasks/subtasks, templates, time-tracking & more|
|No HR management features||Simple HR management features like time-off tracking, employee directory, automatic check-ins, noticeboard & more|
|Total Cost for 10 Users = $180 per month||Total Cost for 10 Users = $39 per month.|
In fact, TeamWave is $39 for UNLIMITED Users.
Key Consideration: Flat pricing at US$39/month for unlimited users along with all the important applications and integrations with other software, makes TeamWave one of the best Capsule CRM alternatives. So, TeamWave CRM is perfect for small businesses and startups as it will be easy for them to scale their businesses without impacting the overhead costs drastically. Also, the integrations with platforms like Mailchimp and Google Workspace helps to increase the efficiency of the team and automates the processes.
Price for UNLIMITED users: $39/month
#2 Capsule Alternative: Salesforce CRM
Salesforce CRM Highlights
- The Lightning platform helps to build their app for the customer as well as partners
- Automated workflows that support complex business processes
- Advanced customization options using point and click tools or coding.
- Easily integrates with accounting systems, Ecommerce platforms etc
- Trailblazer community offers self-service opportunities that help to practice and learn the software.
- Comprehensive Sales Forecasting
- Territory Management
Key Consideration: Salesforce CRM has many efficient features, but for small businesses, this software is very expensive. Because, as the customization increases, the cost involved increases. So, for businesses which do not have a dedicated sales or marketing team, they’ll not need such complex software. And also, the learning curve is extremely high for this CRM. Moreover, the configuration is time-consuming. Lightning Platform does not have many features. A few of these features are only available in the Classic Platform.
Price for 10 users: US$ 250/month [Sales Cloud CRM]
#3 Capsule Alternative: Pipedrive CRM
Pipedrive CRM Highlights
- Can customize everything
- Goal setting and reporting
- Mobile apps and Email Integration
Key Consideration: Pipedrive is a user-friendly tool. This CRM helps businesses find qualified leads and thus scale up their business. Pipedrive CRM is good for small businesses but managing data is tough. Especially when the businesses start to grow, handling the tasks becomes more complex. It requires plenty of manual work and also there is a need for more workflow automation. Presently few tasks are time-consuming.
Price for 10 users: US$ 120/month [Essential Plan]
#4 Capsule Alternative: Freshsales CRM
Freshsales CRM Highlights
- The AI-based lead scoring system
- Intelligent workflow automation
- Personalized templates and can send bulk emails
- Directly call the clients from the app and also have other options like personalised welcoming messages and auto-dialer.
- Filter and sort options that help to find rotten deals, bestsellers or deals closed.
Key Consideration: Freshsales CRM is a simple CRM software for small businesses. But a disadvantage is that the number of third-party integrations, compared to other CRM software, is less. Also, it lacks flexibility in case of lead score customization. While checking customer reviews, we found many complaints against their customer support services. When the business grows and the demand for advanced capabilities increases, it might be difficult to handle the tasks through FreshSales CRM.
Price for 10 users: US$ 190/month
#5 Capsule Alternative: Nutshell CRM
Nutshell CRM Highlights
- Offers advanced pipeline automation tools
- Unlimited contacts and data storage
- Fully customizable sales process automation
- Intelligent search function
Key Consideration: Nutshell CRM is known for its user-friendly interface. Users also say that it is great for setting up calls, emails or meeting reminders. Few users feel that this CRM is costly compared to its competitors and the learning curve is a bit high. Also, their advanced searching feature does not always provide accurate results.
Price for 10 users: US$ 190/month
#6 Capsule Alternative: Salesflare CRM
Salesflare CRM Highlights
- In-depth monitoring of sales and other opportunities
- Can add custom fields to individual accounts
- Integration with Google Workspace as well as other platforms
Key Consideration: Salesflare users talk about a few cool features like updating client notes from the phone. But the user interface is outdated and this CRM lacks customizable options. Thus, stopping it from catering to different business needs. And also the price compared to other CRMs is way too high which makes it an expensive option for the small businesses.
Price for 10 users: US$ 300/month
#7 Capsule Alternative: Insightly CRM
Insightly CRM Highlights
- Integration with over 250 apps
- Schedule emails so that the sales team can notify the prospects or leads on time
- Flexible Record linking the contacts to deals and effectively manages customer relationships.
- Customized support plan for customers
- Customized reporting & forecasting
Key Consideration: Because of too many features Insightly CRM is complex and has a high learning curve. It also seems to have an outdated user interface. Its app lacks important CRM features like real-time analysis, time-tracking and automatic notification. Moreover, being so expensive, it will not be an affordable choice for SMBs.
Price for 10 users: US$ 290/month
#8 Capsule Alternative: Agile CRM
Agile CRM Highlights
- Automates sales, marketing and services in one location. This helps to maintain consistency in communication.
- Dynamic Webform
- Advanced marketing metrics
- Easy to integrate social media into campaigns and contact views
- Can send personalized messages and also includes mobile messaging in campaigns
- Landing page builder creates mobile responsive landing pages and also results in high conversion rates
Key Consideration: Agile CRM, is an all-in-one system that does not have a steep learning curve. One major drawback is that its starter package users can use only a single integration. The reports are uncoordinated and clumsy and users need to take a higher plan to review activity reports. In conclusion, this CRM is highly expensive for such limited features.
Price for 10 users: US$ 99/month
#9 Capsule Alternative: Nimble CR
Nimble CRM Highlights
- Can arrange the contacts into different lists and take bulk actions like group messages.
- Gives a detailed list of activities which are completed or scheduled, thus helping the team to stay on track.
- Automatically links the team’s tasks and activities to the respective deal so that everyone stays updated.
- Email templates for effective engagement. It also tracks the emails to see the open and click rates.
- Easy integration with Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
Key Consideration: The pricing is similar to the entry-level plans for other CRMs. Also, Nimble CRM is an easy-to-use CRM, which gives the snapshot of all deals and contacts at the same place. But there are few drawbacks which need to be looked into. It is hard to access the emails within the Nimble app and also to move emails to it. In addition to that, the user requires the ‘sync’ tool is to integrate Nimble with other apps.
Price for 10 users: US$ 250/month
#10 Capsule Alternative: Teamleader CRM
Teamleader CRM Highlights
- Link with accounting software and follow the invoices with ease
- Record incoming and outgoing phone calls, emails and other communications
- Syncs with the calendar so that all meetings and appointments are constantly updated
Key Consideration: Teamleader CRM has a good user interface. In this CRM, where to find different functions are clearly defined. But the features for each function lacks depth and is poor compared to other CRMs. Above all, the integrations and add-ons come at an extra cost.
Price for 10 users: 250 Euros/month
The businesses must consider various factors before selecting the perfect CRM to provide the best experience to their leads, prospects and employees.
You are just a click away from trying out the TeamWave CRM. Signup for our free trial right away and then you can see why we call it the best!!